Vicks Speed-read Digital Thermometer
Digital thermometers, like those sold under the popular Vicks brand, are generally easy-to-use & give a fast temperature reading.
Digital thermometers can be used to measure the temp in a modern way & easy-to-use. Body temperature can be measured in a short time & easily with a digital thermometer.
An ill child is never fun, but Vicks Speed-read digital thermometers make sick days easier to manage. Digital thermometers provide quick & easy-to-read temperatures so you can tell if you & your child have a fever quickly & exactly.
Vicks Digital thermometers will help you & your family to feel better & get healthy during a cold or the flu. Your family’s health is most important to you & Vicks makes digital thermometers you can rely on.
How to Use Vicks Speed-read Digital Thermometer
How to Use Vicks Speed-read Digital Thermometer-
1. TURNING THE UNIT ON.
- Turn the unit on by pressing the on or off button.
- A beep will sound & the display will flash Red / Yellow / Green for one second.
Wait for the unit to get ready
- 1. The display will perform a self-test.
- 2. The display will show the last measurement for 2 seconds.
- 3. after about five seconds, the display will show it’s ready.
2. SELECTING A TEMPERATURE LOCATION
- 1. it’s suggested to use a probing cover for Oral Use to prevent the spread of germs.
- 2. Place the thermometer in the mouth below the tongue. It’s important to place the tip of the thermometer well under the tongue to get a good & accurate reading. Place detector tip in areas marked with “3”. Keep the mouth closed & sit still to help ice an accurate measure.
- 3. When the peak temperature is reached, five beep signals will sound & the “°F”/ “°C” sign will stop flashing. The temperature is now ready to read & won’t change when the thermometer is removed.
- 4. Dispose of used probing cover & wash the thermometer as recommended.
Under-the-arm (Axillary) Use
This way is used for babies & young children.
- 1. Wipe the underarm with a towel.
- 2. Place the probing tip under the arm so the tip is touching the skin and place your arm next to your body. With a young child, it’s sometimes helpful to hold the child to keep their arm next to their body.
- This ensures that the room air doesn’t affect the reading.
- 3. When the peak temperature is reached (normally 11 seconds), 5 beep signals will sound and the “°F” or “°C”. The sign will stop flashing. The temperature is now ready to read & won’t change when the thermometer is removed.
- Note: This system produces a temp 1 ° lower than a temp taken orally.
- 4. Wash the thermometer as recommended.
Generally used for babies, young children, or when it’s tough to take an oral or underarm temperature.
- 1. Cover the thermometer’s tip with a probing cover and lubricate with a water-explainable jelly for easier insertion. Don’t use petroleum jelly. Read the label of the lubricant to be sure you’re using the right kind.
- 2. Lay the patient on his/ her side. However, the proper position for a baby is to lay on its stomach with legs hanging down, either across your, If the patient is a newborn.
- Knees / at the edge of a bed/changing table. This positions the babe’s rectum for the safe and easy insertion of the thermometer.
- 3. Gently fit the tip of the thermometer NO Added THAN1/2 inch into the rectum. However, stop, if you detect resistance. Hold the thermometer in place during measurement.
- 4. When the peak temperature is reached (normally 10 seconds) 5 beep signals will sound and the “°F” or “°C” sign will stop flashing. The temperature is now ready to read & won’t change when the thermometer is removed.
- Note: This system produces a temperature 1 ° higher than a temperature taken orally.
- 5. Dispose of used probing cover and wash the thermometer as recommended.
3. FEVER INSIGHT FEATURE
The screen will display Green if no fever; Yellow when the temperature is slightly elevated & a Red alert for fever.
4. TURNING THE UNIT OFF
Turn the thermometer off by pressing the On & Off button. If you forget to turn off the thermometer it will automatically turn off after near 1 1/2 minute.
- Clean the probing tip by washing with cleanser and warm water or by disinfecting with rubbing alcohol (70 isopropyl alcohol).
- Wipe dry with a soft cloth.
- Don’t boil or clean in the dishwasher. This will effectuate the thermometer to no longer function and will void the deal.
- Don’t wash the unit with any thinner or chemical cleanser.